Knee Replacement Services
Knee replacements are done because knees wear out. Our knee replacement specialists can perform the following:
- For people who have arthritis in only one part of their knee (for limited arthritis)
- Area where the knee cap moves on the front of the femur
- When knees hurt behind the kneecap, when going up and down stairs
- Late 30s, 40s, 50s, more common in women
- Physical Therapy
- Arthroscopy (lateral release) - potential for increased pain
- Condroplasty - shave down cartillage to take off rough edges
Total Knee Replacements
Trends in Total Knee Replacement are:
- Minimally invasive Total Knee Replacement
- Computer Guided - goal is to get components to straight alignment
- Exclusively since 2003/2004 for Dr. Schwartz and Dr. Lange
Also new on the horizon...
- New Synvasive recent passed FDA approval. "The idea is to be as precise as possible in doing what we do." The more accurately you can perform the procedure on every knee replacement.
- Electronically monitored soft-tissue balancing method for balancing the ligaments in the knee an electronic pressure sensor is added to the knee.
- Unstable knee replacements
- Traditional and computer-guided, 3.5 degrees standard deviation
- Our 'worst knee is 2 degrees' where the mechanical is 10 degrees and 5% of worst knee is 2.5 degrees out. 90% are witin 1 degree. We've reached the point where the data is compelling.
- Minimally invasive is pretty much universal
- 10 years ago people would stay in the hospital for 5-10 days. now people can go home the day after surgery.
- General Information
- Patient Portal
- Registration Forms
- Dr. Miles Patient Forms
- MRI Patients
- Cancellation Policy
- Insurance & Billing
- Medical History and
- Notice to Consumers - MD Licensing
- Notice to Consumers - PA Licensing
- Request an Appointment
- Information Library
- Satisfaction Survey
- 3D Animation Library
For Your Convenience and Care, Shasta Orthopaedics works in conjunction with Liberty Physical Therapy
This special collaboration means the Liberty physical therapy staff has special insight into your care and can communicate more efficiently with your Shasta Orthopaedics provider.