Shock, fear, anxiety, grief, anger, depression, disbelief. Those are all common feelings upon receiving a cancer diagnosis about oneself or loved one.
13-year old Katelyn Peterson experienced some similar feelings when she first heard that her close family friend, Lisa, was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was important to Katelyn to let her friend know that she would do anything to support her while she went through treatment. That’s when Katelyn decided to shave her head so that every time Lisa saw Katelyn, she would remember that she is loved and supported.
Katelyn saw the positive impact her gesture had on Lisa and started a non-profit called Kids4Healing. To read more about how Katelyn got started, CLICK HERE.
Katelyn and Kids4Healing would like to increase their efforts in Redding and outlying communities by creating more cancer awareness videos and providing financial assistance and support to people who don’t have the resources to pay for their treatment. In order to do this, Kids4Healing needs your help. They want to become a true 501c3 charity so that donors can claim a tax deduction for their donations. They also need assistance with creating a professional website as well as donations to go toward video equipment and software as well as a new laptop in order to continue their video blogs.
If you can donate money toward or supply Kids4Healing with any of these items below please contact us HERE.
- $8,000 or donation of video recording equipment & software
- $3,500 for legal fees to incorporate into 501c3 charity
- Donation of services toward building a Kids4Healing website or monies donated for professional website design
- Donations for publication of our “Cook to the Cure” cookbook
- Donations of original recipes for “Cook to the Cure” cookbook Please view this Video to learn how to submit your recipes and save lives.
With your help, Kids4Healing can support and empower patients suffering from cancer.
Kids 4 Healing
We want YOUR Recipes to Publish in our Cookbook “Cook to the Cure”.