Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Pain in the joints of the toes, feet, or ankles
- Stiffness after periods of inactivity
- Limited motion of the toes, feet, or ankles
- Tenderness and occasional swelling in or around the joints
- Enlarged joints
- Sensation of grinding associated with movement and pain
Arthritis is a condition in which the cartilage that protects and cushions the joints breaks down over time, causing bones to rub together and cause damage. Arthritis can affect various parts of the body in addition to the feet, toes, or ankles, including the spine, fingers, thumbs, hips, knees, or elbows.
Foot and Ankle Arthritis Relief
Foot and ankle doctors at Shasta Ortho can provide foot and ankle arthritis relief. There are a range of ankle arthritis treatments. Non-surgical treatments include physical therapy, injections, assertive devices and medication. Surgical ankle arthritis treatments may include a total ankle replacement.