Bunion Treatment in Redding, California
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- A bulging bump on the outside of your big toe
- Swelling, redness or soreness around the big toe joint
- Corns or calluses where the big toe rubs against other toes
- Pain in the affected area (big toe or foot)
- Restricted movement of the big toe or foot
Bunions may be the result of hereditary foot structure, foot stress or injury, or a birth deformity. A bony bump forms at the base of the big toe (sometimes a “bunionette” may form at the baby toe). When some of the bones in the front part of the foot move out of place, the tip of the big toe gets pulled toward the smaller toes. This forces the joint at the base of the big toe to stick out, resulting in soreness.
Bunion Treatment is Available
The Shasta Ortho Foot & Ankle Institute is the most advanced foot and ankle center in The North State region. Our team can help determine the best solution to treat your bunions. Treatments for bunions include Lapiplasty 3D Bunion Correction surgery.
Not all bunions require treatment, but if you have toe or foot pain, restricted movement of the foot or toe, or have difficulty wearing shoes, you should see an orthopaedic specialist.