Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Pain in the joint of the hip
- Stiffness after periods of inactivity
- Limited motion of the hip joint
- Tenderness and occasional swelling in or around the joint
- Enlargement of the hip joints
- Sensation of grinding associated with movement and pain
Osteoarthritis is a condition in which the cartilage that protects and cushions the joints breaks down over time, causing bones to rub together and cause damage. Osteoarthritis can affect various parts of the body in addition to the hip, including the spine, fingers, thumbs, elbows, knees, or toes.