Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Pain in the joint of the knee
- Stiffness after periods of inactivity
- Limited motion of the knee
- Tenderness and occasional swelling in or around the joint
- Enlargement of knee joints
- Sensation of grinding associated with movement and pain
Osteoarthritis is a condition in which the cartilage that protects and cushions the joints breaks down over time, causing bones to rub together and cause damage. Osteoarthritis can affect various parts of the body in addition to the knee, including the spine, fingers, thumbs, hips, elbows, or toes.