Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Sharp pain in the shoulder
- Shooting pain that spreads into the arm and hand
- Numbness in the shoulder, arm or hand
- “Pins and needles” sensations
- Burning sensations
- Weakness in the arm or hand
The term pinched nerve designates a type of injury or damage to a nerve or set of nerves, most commonly resulting from compression, constriction, or stretching of the surrounding area. A pinched nerve may also result from arthritis. The severity of this condition can range from minor and temporary to long lasting and serious. Pinched nerves often result from activity and movement in work and recreational settings.