Redding native and Certified Athletic Trainer, Craig Tweedy joined Shasta Orthopaedics with over 10 years of experience working with Division 1 student athletes.
After receiving a B.S. in Kinesiology from California State University, Fresno, Craig went on to earn an M.A. in Education from the University of Arizona.
His career has given him Athletic Director experience working with prestigious schools like Kansas State University, University of Arizona and University of Colorado, Boulder covering all medical needs for male and female athletes. He then spent several years at Indiana University as the head athletic trainer for their football team. Here, he was the rehab coordinator, helping the student athletes return to play.
Craig’s most recent clinical experience was as Associate Sports Medicine Director at Fresno State University where he served as Head Athletic Trainer.
Along with knowledge in rehabilitation exercises and care, Craig also incorporates soft tissue mobilization in his treatments. Frequent practices include general massage, active-release techniques, cupping and dry-needling.
His certifications include:
- Board of Certification Certified Athletic Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers
- Certified in the application of Graston Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Certified in Dry Needling for Orthopaedic Rehabilitation and Sports Performance
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist in process
Learn more about Sports Medicine »